Location: Mechelen, 50% remote
The Technical Reporting Analyst is responsible for the support, maintenance and administration of our reporting environment, and plays a key role in the improvement of the data quality of our reporting systems.
We are looking for a candidate that combines good IT knowledge with a firm grasp of finance and accounting principles, who can drive improvements in collaboration with the team and the finance stakeholders.
You will be part of the Technical Reporting Team that is responsible for both the operational processing/maintenance as well as the continuous improvement of the different elements of the financial reporting environment (databases and tools) used by the Finance department.
This reporting framework is used mainly for management reporting (structure, KPIs, definitions, delta analysis) both internally and externally towards the market and our major shareholder.
- Plays a key role in the improvement of the data quality in the financial reporting environment;
- Assists the financial reporting process (Closing, Forecast, Budget, …) by maintaining tools to optimize the reporting environment as well as the reporting processes.
- Plays the lead role in the administration of the financial reporting tools (e.g. maintenance of master data, databases, scripts…);
- Supports and trains the end users of the financial reporting tools;
- Reports to the Transactional Reporting Manager
- Excellent knowledge of IT, either through study (IT diploma) or through relevant work experience in a similar function;
- Strong knowledge of Excel;
- Good knowledge of SQL or other coding language;
- Experience with administration of reporting tools (e.g. Essbase, Dodeca…);
- Strong analytical skills with a problem solving approach;
- Stress resistant: able to cope with a complex and fast changing environment with strict deadlines;
- Flexible person, capable of working both autonomously and as part of a team;
- Ability to impact and spearhead change without being confrontational;
- Team player
- Good knowledge of financial and accounting principles is a plus.