The Senior BI developer plays a key role in the development of data analytics solutions (data warehouses,
data marts). You sit within the central Data Office which is a central organization providing data
services across the different business lines. He/she works in an agile scrum team in close
collaboration with the Project Leader, Data Functional Analysts and other BI developers.
As a Technical Lead, he/she coach the other teams members for all technical aspects and has a close
contact with the Data Architect.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Translate business, functional and data architectural requirements provided by the Data Functional
Analyst and the Data Architect into technical specifications.
- Design, build, deploy and maintain BI solutions according to established standards (data processing,
data warehouse, data marts) in accordance with the functional and non-functional requirements
(performance, data volume).
- Coach the scrum team members on development and architectural standards
- Supervise releases and provide first line support for technical issues
- Work in close collaboration with the Data Architect
- Test the analytics solution, conduct troubleshooting, provide maintenance and adequate technical
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects in Power BI or SSRS.
- Conduct prototype reviews and demo’s including training on the data model to the business users.
- Works with the Project Leader (PL) along the entire project lifecycle to ensure appropriate delivery in
an agile and pragmatic approach.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a BI Developer in the Microsoft BI stack (Visual Studio, SSIS, SSAS,
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Strong Data modeling experience (logical and physical modeling)
- Good experience in data warehouse design (Kimball dimensional modeling)
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server (from a development perspective)
- Excellent Knowledge of SQL queries, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server
Integration Services (SSIS)
- Good understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL
(Extract, transform, load) framework
- Experience in visualization tool such as Microsoft Power BI and SSRS.
- Experience in master and reference data integration and usage is a plus
- Experience in data functional analysis is a plus
- Experience in working in an agile project mode is a plus
- Experience in C# scripting is a plus
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Strong technical skills
- Go-getter profile
- Ability to translate business needs into technical solutions
- Pragmatic approach and delivery focus
- Team player with an ability to work in a collaborative spirit within a transversal organization
- Perseverance, stress resistant and flexibility
- Like to learn and open-minded