Location: Leuven / 50% remote
You will be part of a new team focusing on building a brand new IT Data Lake on AWS with IT related data feeds, both batch and online. For this team we are looking for an experienced Data Analyst to analyse the requirements and data involved.
- Gathers, analyses, models, transforms and prepares reports on various data to support decision making.
- Identifying and collecting data such as customer, centric data, reference data, transactional data, accounting data,… using specific tools or techniques.
- Analyzing and extracting key data and information, describing functional mapping (towards targets), modelling and defining transformation rules to meet the organization’s needs and requirements.
- Assisting and participating in data validation and cleaning to ensure the quality and integrity of data throughout the whole chain.
- Data analysis for reports enabling the ‘business’ in their decision making
As a data analyst your responsibilities are:
- Gathering requirements in cooperation with the report or case owner and management
- Join in with the feasibility to determine what data we need, define the work to be done and where
- Write qualitative data selections queries based upon these requirements
- Support and guide the report or case owner with testing and validating
- Guard the quality of the data and verify the integrity, think ahead to define possible issues
- Good knowledge of GDPR and how to deal with it in a data driven context
- Define new data sources to be ingested in the data lake and agree on SLAs with the responsible source teams
- Focus on quality and ownership
- Overall good communicator, proactive