The Program Manager is responsible for the overall monitoring, managing and planning of the Data Office’s internal projects as well as translating the business objectives into concrete deliverables, which are delivered according to the Scrum Way of Working. He/she participates actively to the execution of the data strategy through different projects and the development of the central data platform of our client’s.
The Program Manager Data Office will interact with various stakeholders and business representatives to better understand their processes, data flows and priorities to deliver their information needs & requirements by collaborating with ICT and the Data Office team. The Program Manager Data Office works closely with PL Data Projects, Data Functional Analysts, Data Architects and the BI developing team. He/she has a strong foundation in Data Privacy and GDPR. The Program Manager Data Office reports directly to the Chief Data Officer.
- Contribute to setting the strategic direction of the Data Office and general ownership of the qualitative delivery of the projects that are involved in the program.
- Lead, support and guide complex data-driven projects, ensuring timely delivery and high-quality
- Manages and keeps control over the roadmap, key project milestones and metrics.
- Monitors the program performance, identify potential risks, and propose mitigation strategies.
- Supports the Project Leads on the program including constraints, risks, dependencies, priorities, budgets, acceptance criteria, etc. Being involved in the functional, architectural, technical, governance and operational activities of the different teams.
- Allocate resources effectively and efficiently across projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, ensuring alignment of data objectives with organizational goals.
- Being hands-on and sometimes provide active support to the teams by performing some project management activities oneself.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders both inside and outside the organization. Drive change management initiatives related to Agile/Scrum driven data strategy execution.
- Coordinate and oversee all initiatives with regards to data privacy and GDPR compliance.
- Report regularly to the Data Office management team on : program progress, budget versus actuals information, challenges, successes etc.
- Master / bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Management or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in advanced & data centric project management.
- Understanding and applying of advanced project management, quality and process improvement methodologies and leading complex cross-functional projects.
- Must be able to define, shape, and drive projects to completion while effectively collaborating with multifunctional stakeholders
- Experience working on requirements, design, development, testing and deployment using Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, must be able to solve complex business problems and present recommendations to senior management effectively.
- Experience in establishing and implementing data governance policies, supporting data management
projects (MDM, …).
- Understanding and experience with BI technologies and data analytics platforms is highly desired.
- Basic data modeling and database design understanding including experience in SQL server.
- Understanding and knowledge of Microsoft BI technology stack and Microsoft Azure is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite and MS Project is required.
- Ability to build trust, and an open and transparent working climate.
- High “get it done“ & mobilization capabilities
- Proven experience in program management, with particular emphasis in the realms of data governance, data management, and data analytics. Strong understanding of data protection strategies, and compliance metrics.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- Experience working with diverse teams and fostering a collaborative environment.
- Aptitude to thrive in dynamic settings and juggle diverse priorities.
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude.
- Strong problem-solving, pragmatic approach and delivery focus.
- Team player with an ability to work in a collaborative spirit within a transversal organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Perseverance, stress resistant and flexibility.
- Proficiency in either Dutch or French, complemented by passive comprehension of the other language.
- Like to learn and open-minded.