Location: Brussels / Remote
As a Software Engineer you will work closely with the Product Owners, System Architect and your direct colleagues in the team and you will often work together with colleagues from Systems, Back-End development and our external ICT partners. You translate the needs of the end user into technical implementations and you help determine the architecture, the frameworks and technologies used. You are able to work out more challenging concepts such as the security model, streaming implementation, …. We are evolving more towards the DEVOPS team, which means that the following tasks are discussed:
- Setting up applications in the supported cloud environments, developing a build street and maintaining/monitoring our applications.
- Developing new applications/web services, monitoring the quality of the code developed and release management. In other words, you are an all-rounder who deals with all aspects of software development.
- You have a high sense of responsibility and you are able to tackle assignments independently and in a team.
- You have a very flexible mindset and have no problem stepping out of your comfort zone and continuously learning new technology.
- You are aware of the recent and proven technologies on the market and are able to form a technical and architectural vision.
- Expert in object-oriented and functional programming in modern programming languages.
- Strong experience with development RESTful web services, JSON, …
- Good knowledge of encryption, security and authentication protocols (oAuth, OpenID connect, …).
- Very good knowledge of software development best practices:
- Design patterns.
- Unit testing, continuous integration, build pipelines (grunt, gulp).
- Code analysis (Sonar).
- Experience with development of front-end applications in Angular is a plus but not a must
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Oracle.
- Experience with PAAS/IAAS platforms and cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS).
- Operating system: Linux, OS X, …
- Focus on quality, performance, security and stability.
- Has coaching skills and treats structural knowledge transfer as a priority, as well as documentation.
- Experience in an agile development environment.
- You are good at multitasking and you can work under strict deadlines.
- You are flexible, social, creative and communicate clearly.
- You have a diploma in computer science or computer science You have a good knowledge of English.